NSW Carers Award nominations are now open
The NSW Carers Awards will open on Tuesday 3 July and close on Friday 10 August 2018.
Nominations for Carers Awards can be made in two categories - individual carers and carer organisations. Organisations include carer support groups, services and organisations directly supporting carers, organisations who employ carers (including government, non-government and private sector) and education providers (including schools, colleges and universities).
By nominating a carer, or a carer- friendly organisation you know, you’ll be helping raise community awareness of the challenges faced by carers while also celebrating their role.
The online nomination forms can be completed here:
Individual carers include:
- Family carers – individuals or multiple family members who provide exceptional care to another family member. For example, a partner or spouse may also be their partners’ carer; a couple providing care for a child with disability; an adult child who is caring for a parent.
- Young carers – carers under the age of 25 years. Young carers may be a primary carer or share caring with a sibling, parent or other person.
- Senior carers – carers aged 60 years and over, or for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander carers 45 years and over.
- Carer support groups - carer support groups with a strong membership base, running innovative and effective models of peer support for local carers. NB: To be nominated for an award, carer support groups must have an auspicing agency or be otherwise attached to an incorporated body. See below questions about auspicing bodies and incorporation types.
- Community organisations - community based organisations that go above and beyond to support the specific needs of carers within their service and/or within their community.
- Carer friendly education providers - provide supportive learning environments that enable young carers or other carers to balance studying and caring, complete their education and fulfil their potential.
- Carer friendly employers - best practice employers demonstrating a strong commitment to employing and retaining carers through flexible work practices and policies; employers that build awareness of carers in their organisation and employers who have carer-specific workplace initiatives.
If you have any questions about the Awards please contact the Carers Awards team at CarerStrategy@facs.nsw.gov.au
The Carers Awards terms and conditions are available to download here PDF, 13.01 KB.
For more information on the Carers Awards, see our Carers Awards page.